Welcome to Buckles & Bows
Buckles & Bows Preschool Nursery was established in 1977 and is a committee run, non profit making group. Our committee comprises of volunteer parents. We operate from a purpose built classroom within the grounds of the Holy Family Catholic Primary School. We are not a Catholic nursery, although we have a close relationship with the school. Buckles & Bows is open to every family in the local community and we make every effort to ensure that the group is genuinely accessible to all. The nursery is registered with Ofsted and a member of the Preschool Learning Alliance (an important advisory body for the Government on Nursery education).
Buckles and Bows Pre-school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed Safeguarding policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
Buckles and Bows Pedagogy – helping children to learn
- We believe children are powerful learners, every child can make progress in their learning, with the right help
- We believe effective pedagogy is a mix of different approaches. Children learn through play, by adults modelling, by observing each other and through guided learning and direct teaching.
- Our practitioners carefully organise enabling environments for high-quality play. Sometimes, they make time and space available for children to invent their own play, Sometimes, they join in to sensitively support and extend children’s learning.
- Children in the early years also learn through group work, when practitioners guide their learning.
- Older children need more of this guided learning.
- A well-planned learning environment, indoors and outside, is an important aspect of pedagogy.
At Buckles and Bows we work with children, parents and the community to ensure the safety of children and to give them the very best possible start in life. We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. We endeavour to provide a safe and secure, welcoming environment where children are respected and valued.
We are committed to building a ‘culture of safety’ in which children are protected from abuse and harm in all areas.
|The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is: Leanne Rogers
Contact details: email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01932 827556
|The deputy DSL is: Jenny Vymetal
Contact details: email: email@example.com Telephone: 01932 827556
|The Chair of the Committee is: Mike Quinlan
Contact details: email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 07775756176
We are a registered charity. We need to fundraise to replace toys, books and equipment, to subsidise parties and outings for the children and to provide for contingencies.
Parents have made a huge contribution, financial and otherwise, to the success of the nursery over many years and this effort needs to continue. Our Fundraising Team organises many events during the year which we require and expect all parents to participate in.
Donations are also made by and are actively sought from businesses.
If you would like to offer help or to make a donation, please contact our Fundraiser: