The sound of the week – the letter ‘S’
Week commencing 14th January 2019
– Read ‘The Not So Perfect Penguin’, talk about being different (PSED)
– Use rhyming mittens to match (L)
– Fish for the correct amount of fish (M)
– Melt the ice cubes – what works best? (UTW)
– Make marks in the paint bags (L)
– Make penguins out of different shapes (M)
– Cut snowflakes out of paper (PD)
– Frozen – make up stories with characters (L)
– Make ice out of paper to hop across (PD)
– Match numerals to spots on the penguin (M)
We would like to remind you that we are proposing a change to the status of the Pre-school from an unincorporated charitable association to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). The basic difference is that in its current form, liability for any debts, default, claims for negligence, breach of trust or breach of duty fall on the committee members and is covered by insurance taken out by the Pre-School.
Please refer back to the Chair’s email sent on the 6th November for further information.
You are all welcome to attend and vote on the proposal – it should only take about 15 minutes and the committee members will be holding our normal spring 1st half term committee meeting directly after the EGM.
Happy new Year and welcome back!
A big warm welcome to the 7 new children and families starting with us this term, we hope you all enjoy your time with us.
We would also like to give a big Buckles and Bows welcome to Jenny Vymetal who will be taking over from Lyn whilst she is on maternity leave. Jenny will be starting with us on Tuesday and will be with us until we break up for the Summer. Please join us in welcoming Jenny to the team.
We are going to be starting the term by learning about the Arctic and the Antarctic ❄️
Week commencing 26th November 2018:
- Bakery role play area (EAD, Uotw)
- Listen to different versions of the story, what are the similarities/differences? (L)
- Use props/puppets to retell the story (L, EAD)
- Make a glance bridge for obstacles to jump over (PD)
- Make gingerbread using tap a shapes (PD)
- Make a gingerbread salt dough decoration (EAD, PD)
- Talk about road safety, is it safe to run everywhere like the Gingerbread Man? (PD)
- Write recipes (L, PD)
- Make marks in ginger salt (PD, L)
- Post letters to Father Christmas
Week commencing 19th November 2018:
- Talk about why we use the post office (CL)
- Read the Jolly Postman/Dear Zoo (L)
- Write letters and use the postbox (L)
- Use push button cars (UtW)
- Make letters using pasta (EAD)
- Make marks with chalks, white boards, pads (L)
- Write letters in the sand tray (L)
- Transfer water between bowls using sponges (PD)
- Learn Christmas songs (EAD)
- Hopscotch (PD,M)
Don’t forget to sign up for Parents meeting this Thursday, if you wish to see your child’s key person.