Early Years Practitioner and SENCo Manager
Job description – Buckles and Bows is a well-established pre-school offering the highest standards of care and play opportunities to children aged 2 to 5 years of age.
Our overall ethos is to nurture and establish our children’s love for learning and exploration by providing the best possible experiences and opportunities. This is an opportunity to work within a small organisation to really make a difference to the lives of children and their families.
Working as part of the Buckles and Bows team, you will act as the main point of contact within the setting for SEND. You will ensure that all practitioners in the setting understand their responsibilities to children with SEN and the setting’s approach to identifying and meeting SEN. Ensure parents are closely involved throughout and that their insight inform action taken by the setting and liaise with professionals or agencies beyond the setting.
With a level 3 full and relevant early years or childcare qualification, you will have experience of meeting the requirements of Early Years Foundation Stage and value your own continued professional development. SENCo experience and qualification would also be desirable.
The normal working week will be 30 hrs: Tuesday 08:30 – 12:30 in setting plus 3 hrs paid non-contact time; Wednesday 08:30 – 15:30 Thursday 08:30 – 15:30 and Friday 08:30 – 15:30 plus 2 hours additional paid non-contact time for SENCo work.
1. Willingness to learn.
2. NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Childcare and Education
3. Proven experience of working within a childcare setting and some experience of working with children with SEN and/or impairments.
4. Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years.
5. Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
6. Knowledge of child protection procedures.
7. Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislations such as SEND.
8. Good written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to foster relationships.
9. An understanding of play based approaches to children’s learning and development.
10. Commitment to equal opportunities.
11. Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
12. Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
13. The ability to manage time and workload effectively.
1. SEND qualifications
2. Willingness to undertake further training.
3. Current First Aid at Work qualification.
Expected start date: 22/02/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £10.40 per hour
– Uk Government guidance being followed
– Personal protective equipment provided
– Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
– No visitors beyond the main gate